Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
This position is responsible for warehouse/material distribution tasks relative to the receiving and shipment of product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities are intended to be representative of the work performed by the incumbent(s) in this position and are not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility will not preclude it from the position.
- Processing customer orders, to include: scanning bar codes, labeling boxes, picking product, and preparing packages for shipment.
- Palletizing to include scanning, retrieving and placing completed orders on pallets.
- Re-palletizing products for shipment.
- May be responsible for dock manifest duties which include scanning completed pallets and running shrink wrapper.
- May be responsible for operating the ground/manual manifest station.
- May be required to transport pallets by material handling equipment.
- Ensures all assigned duties are completed in a timely manner in accordance with departmental standards and by following departmental procedures.
- Maintains an acceptable work area as outlined in the Quality System Regulations (QSR).
- Responsible for following Good Documentation Practices (GDP) as outlined in SOP.
- Must take safety first and be able to work diligently to maintain safe working conditions and to adhere to proper operating practices and procedure designed to prevent injuries and illnesses.
- Regular and reliable attendance at work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements included in this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas/business
- Ability to work in a fast paced distribution environment
- Ability to read and interpret distribution documents
- Ability to work well with other employees
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to operate material handling equipment and RF scanner
- Ability to perform/operate in a metrics-driven environment
- May be required to operate an electric pallet jack
- Basic analytical skills
- Basic organizational skills
- Good prioritization skills
- General computer skills
- General distribution knowledge
- General QSR knowledge
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED required
Good communication skills
Must have good basic math skills
Ability to solve practical problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form. Ability to adapt to shifting priorities.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing this job, the employee is regularly exposed to episodes of walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, crouching, reaching, grasping, talking, hearing, twisting, frequent use of hands to finger, handle, feel, pick or type which can include repetitive motion of the wrists, hands or fingers.
“Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.”