Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
This position is for a Stand-up forklift driver and cherry picker. No sit-down positions at this facility.
This position performs warehouse/material distribution tasks relative to the receiving and
shipment of product. Moves inventory by operating a forklift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities are intended to be representative of the work performed by the incumbent(s) in this position and are not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility will not preclude it from the position.
- Unloads inbound trucks (inter-company deliveries, vendors, etc.)
- Loads outbound trucks (inter-company shipments, off-site warehouse, etc.)
- Locates and retrieves products as well as replenishes picking locations using FEFO methodology.
- Moves pallets on dock.
- May be required to physically stack/transport product from larger sterilization pallet to regular pallet before moving by forklift to dock.
- Ensures all assigned duties are safely completed in a timely manner in accordance with department standards and by following department procedures.
- Maintains an acceptable work area as outlined in GMPs.
- Responsible for following Good Documentation Practices (GDP) as outlined in SOP.
- Must take safety first and be able to work diligently to maintain safe working conditions and to adhere to proper operating practices and procedure designed to prevent injuries and illnesses.
- May be required to perform warehouse associate duties.
- May be required to train new hires on RF functions.
- Regular and reliable attendance at work.
- Safety shoes required for position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and interpret distribution documents
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to perform/operate in a metrics-driven environment
- Must be able to concentrate and be on alert at all times
- Must be able to work well with others.
- Experienced in the safe operation of material handling equipment.
- Licensed to operate material handling equipment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or equivalent required.
Experience on Cherry picker or/and Reach lift ( 2 years preferred)
Good verbal communication skills.
Must have good basic math skills.
Ability to solve practical problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form. Ability to adapt to shifting priorities.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing this job, the employee is regularly exposed to episodes of walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, balancing, crouching, reaching, pushing/pulling, grasping, hearing, twisting, lifting, frequent use of hands to finger, handle, feel, pick or type which can include repetitive motion of the wrists, hands or fingers. The employee may occasionally be required to climb. The job may require lifting over 50 lbs in some areas but not all.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The position will almost always have exposure to work near moving mechanical parts, work in high, precarious places, and extreme weather conditions. It is hot in the summer months (no AC) and cold in the winter months (limited heating). Occasionally the position will have exposure to fumes/airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
“Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.”